Oh yeah! The latest version of WD TV live which is firmware 1.06.15 released last August 9, 2011 has games included! Yep, you can now play good old games to waste your time with your WD TV Live player. The games are by Funspot. There are only 10 games included, but it’s enough to kill your time.
The games are Ball Mania, Black Jack Royale, Chess, Cosmox, Kaboom, Memory, Rockswap Adventures, Sudoku, Texas Hold’em and Truck Wars.
The games are not that great, but it’s good enough if you don’t have an XBOX or PS3. If you’re from 1980s and you’re a big fan of Atari games, then the games from Funspot will be super awesome for you!
I think that’s all that I notice in the new update. There are a lot of resolved issues from the previous firmware, and here they are.
• Resolved Media Library issue where playing an ISO and DVD (.VOB) is not added in recent list.
• Resolved video quick menu not showing selection correctly.
• Resolved black screen when playing dat or ts video file.(mpeg format)
• Resolved PlayTo issue where menu icon in video option do not move when navigating during playback
• Resolved poor menu performance due to background task running.
• Resolved audio Track display always shows as file name.
• Resolved music info missing when opening photo info from option in slideshow.
• Resolved thumbnail blurring while browsing music.
• Resolved scrolling issue where artifacts would show if scrolling too fast.
• Resolved issue where the FF/RW icon would display in preview mode for folder.
• Resolved issue unable to connect to Wi-Fi when SSID is not broadcast.
• Resolved Tunein issue where removing a preset doesn’t take effect until preset section is reopened.
• Resolved issue where some PGS subtitles would not display in MKV container.
• Resolved issue where screen display “Unsupported subtitle” message on option bar.
• Resolved issue where default subtitle stream flags are ignored.
• Resolved issue where 4:3 aspect ratio setting resets to widescreen after power cycle.
• Resolved issue where all audio above 48KHz is being downsampled to 48KHz.
• Resolved Flingo issue where FF and Play will black out screen for 10 or more sections.
• Resolved Facebook security encryption issue when selecting shortcut key www. in password page.
• Resolved Facebook issue of not being able to upload to Facebook if photo is in full screen view.
• Resolved Facebook issue where no error message shows up when network cable is disconnected.
• Resolved .ISO and .VOB issue where the info bar stays on the screen during playback.
• Resolved file management issue where certain files are corrupted on a GUID or APM HFS+J format drives.
• Resolved issue where firmware upgrade did not work for certain USB drive formats,
• Resolved Deezer issue where the options icon disappears on the radio playlist.
• Resolved issue where Deezer will not play any music tracks or songs from any radio stations
• Resolved DVD (ISO or VOB) issue where playback will not resume after unit power cycle.
• Resolved issue where certain MKVs videos do not play sound.
• Resolved AVI issue where pressing skip twice causes video to jump back to start.
• Resolved several general user interface alignment issues.
• Resolved issue where MPEG2 video lags or freezes.
• Resolved issue with 2TB hard drive not mounting.
• Resolved issue with system becoming unresponsive after hot unplugging the hard drive.
• Resolved video playback issue with certain .MOV, MPEG4, PCM 2ch videos resulting in incoherent audio.
That’s all for today! Update your WD TV Live media player now to experience the thrill of good old games from Funspot.
Do you love this article and you want to receive more interesting posts from Bryan Veloso? Why not subscribe to this blog via e-mail? It's easy! Just enter your e-mail address below and confirm your subscription by clicking the activation link that will be sent to your e-mail! Get your free subscription now!